Saturday, May 25, 2013

Fata Morgana

The weekend is finally here and I thought I'd wake with some other awe-inspiring sensation but in truth, just another day in the 'hood (well, as 'hood as you can get in the woods).
It wasn't a pleasant awakening to the cussing rain. A lot of people think this is ideal marathon weather, but I'll be honest (it's what I do) I want cussing cuss cuss conditions. If you're primed and ready to rock a PR then its ideal but last year I ended up 4th bc people raced like morons in the heat.
Now I'm not wishing hateful cuss on anyone and hoping they race awful, but this cold weather means even after times and a more humbling finish for me. What are you going to do? Just got to roll the stride.
The worst part about the rain isn't even the race, it's all the hanging out afterwards. Walking around and relaxing, eating like cussing wildebeests and enjoying the energy of Burlington. I guess the worst case scenario is we have to carry an umbrella.

Friday - rolled out 6 flat miles with Greg at the Westmoreland rail bed. We tipped and yapped and I felt relaxed and the stride felt fine.
For the 9 people that read this, thanks and I'll catch you on the flip side of the unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment