Sunday, February 17, 2013

False Idols

Here's the last two (lack luster at times) weeks. Dating from February 11 through the 24th.

The first of the two weeks was a rough one as far as getting out the door, but still managed 50+ mile week (22 came one one day). I had two sore knees (one from a fall and the other from trying to crush the skull of a dog), so I was happy with the days I got in.

Tuesday - Greg came out and we ran the usual. It's always great to run with your bros, and doesn't take motivation. Finishing runs in the daylight is awesome.

Thursday - went out to Ledge Rd and ran a very nice loop. It is just over 5 miles and has a lot of different adaptations to make it longer of need be. After a long day, this 5 felt long enough, but was good to get out there. The weather was awesome.

Friday - hustled down to Greg's to hit Pisgah. We parked at our usual spot and were about to roll out when the funny pair of people at the end of the road dogs starting acting crazy. My lil' girl Lena (who might be the sweetest soul on earth) ran up to greet and play with these two dogs.
Now, I always remarked to Greg how much I liked the looks of the dogs thought them to be cool; but when they raced down the driveway and started an attack on my precise: CUSS GOT REAL! I hate those dogs like Kenny Powers hates birdbaths and I wanted to destroy their souls.
One cuss sucker really looked like it took a bite of Lena and that was when I went out of my mind. I love animals and won't hurt one unless it is a second to last resort, where killing a last resort, but I wanted to kill. So... I liked that cuss bag of cuss as hard as I could with a right (my great kicking leg) then landed a left, the drive my knee through its skull falling on top of it and tried to choke it. Sounds gnarly, but what really probably happened was (all that happened) I hurt my right foot, REALLY hurt my knee on the dogs teeth and the cuss bag was too strong to hold onto to choke. But my intent was there.
Lena seemed fined, couple places looked swollen and a few small punctures, but nothing serious (or so I thought). We ended up running 11 miles in Pisgah and it seemed to end up being a good day.
Once back at Greg's, we found that lens was starting to bleed from a puncture on her shoulder. (a few days later I will have shaved the area and find a huge deep hole: cuss that dog).

Sunday - Greg and George came out to run the full 22 mile version of the station road. The conditions looked awesome from inside. The wind sounded ripe but we would be around high hills.
Some of those high hills turned into wind tunnels, the first ten minutes was brutally windy. In the wind was miserable and out of the wind was beyond enjoyable. Without the wind the day was ideal/perfect. This was George's first time on the marathon road and he loved it. It really is a great run.
If any of you want (that read this smut) want to come for a run on the marathon road or any other run (and can hang!): do it up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment